Going through some of my posts, I’ve noticed that I may come across as a bit angry and unhappy. I may seem bitter or sad, and I swear I’m really not! Sure I get pissed off and sad sometimes. I’m not a robot. But I don’t run around life like a crotchety old lady. I’m generally a happy person. This world can be sad and depressing, but it can also be friggen amazing! There’s a lot of things to be happy about!
Here are 35 little things that will instantly make you happy:
1. Flicking through the channels and finding your favorite childhood movie on. (I will always watch The Sandlot when it’s on, no matter what else I was planning on doing.)
2. Beef stew on a winter night. (Lentil for all you vegetarians.)
3. Italian ices on a summer day.
4. Finding money in a jacket or pair of jeans you haven’t worn in awhile.
5. Taking off your bra after a long day. (For the fellas: Taking off HER bra after a long day. *wink wink*)
6. Catching every green light when driving.
7. Slipping into a bed with freshly washed sheets.
8. The first day you get to wear a light jacket after a long winter.
9. Your favorite song coming on the radio as soon as you get in the car.
10. Chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. (Maybe two minutes out of the oven so you don’t burn your tongue.)
11. Playing with a puppy.
12. When a baby grabs your finger in that death grip they all have.
13. Finding out that an item you were already going to buy is actually 50% off.
14. Listening to the rain fall when you’re lying in bed.
15. Extra fries at the bottom of the fast food bag.
16. Seeing this gif.
17. Bubble wrap!
18. That moment when you wake up disoriented on a weekend and realize you don’t have to get up to go to work.
19. Putting on clothes straight from the dryer. (Unless it’s jeans. That’s the work of the devil. I’m talking underwear, sweats, pajamas, etc.)
20. Being able to leave work an hour early.
21. When it’s someone’s birthday at work and you get free cake.
22. A comfy chair, your favorite book, and warm tea.
23. Eating outdoors.
24. A bubble bath.
25. Getting a seat on a crowded train in the morning.
26. Giving up your seat on a crowded train to someone else.
27. Receiving mail that isn’t junk or a bill.
28. Slipping into your oldest, most comfortable baggy sweater.
29. Watching a sunset.
30. A field covered in snow before anyone else has walked on it.
31. The smell of fresh bread baking.
32. Receiving a compliment on something you’ve worked really hard on.
33. Getting the perfect seat in the movie theater and no one sitting next to you or in front of you the entire time.
34. The first BBQ of the season.
35. Skipping. (Seriously. Try it! It’s impossible not to smile when skipping.)