So I already went over this a bit when I discussed the things I hope I’m never too old for. As I am about to enter a new decade in life, plenty of people would like to tell me all the things I need to give up. Just look here and here to see some of the asinine things I’m supposed to say goodbye to once I enter my thirties.
Fun. Fun seems to be one of the number one things I need to give up when I’m 30. Well, let me tell you. I refuse. I’m not going to turn into a boring human being once I say goodbye to my twenties. Here’s all the things I won’t be giving up.
- Wearing mini skirts. My legs are my best feature and I will be showing them off until that’s no longer the case.
- Shopping at Forever 21. I can get leggings that fit nicely for less than five dollars!
- Staying up way past my bedtime and drinking more than I should with my friends. Sure the hangovers are a million times worse and it’s not a good look to get wasted every weekend, but I’m not going to give up occasional nights with my friends where we all act like we’re 21 again.
- Spending an entire day in my PJs. Sometimes I work 6 days a week. If I want to spend all day Sunday in bed watching TV, I’m going to do just that.
- Reading YA novels. Sure I can pretend I’m doing it cause of my job but really it’s because I like the books.
- Eating copious amounts of junk food. You can pull the cupcakes and chips from my cold, dead hands.
- Playing drinking games (or games in general). This is particularly talking to the ridiculous list that told all thirtysomethings to give up beer pong forever. Bitch please!
- Buying furniture from Ikea. I think unless the day comes when I actually buy myself a house, I will be getting all my furnishings from Ikea.
- Wearing mismatched underwear. Once. Once in my life can I remember my bra and panties actually matching. (And yes this was a time when I knew someone else would be taking my clothes off at the end of the night.) Matching underwear is the type of life-together nonsense that I will never achieve.
- Eating cold pizza and/or lo mein in the morning. I have been blessed with a stomach of steel. I can eat whatever I want in the morning for breakfast. And this will always include leftover pizza and lo mein.
Underwear is supposed to match?
Never! That’s just a lie Victoria’s Secret tells us.
Amen and an epic high-five, sister friend! To hell with stopping any and all of these things (especially the junk food, games and YA pajama parties) just because you’ve turned 30.
Love this list, I completely agree with each one!
YA Pajama Party!!! That’s what I should do for my birthday!
Best. Bday party. EVERRRRRR!
Ooh, do you have any good YA novel recommendations? I like reading them too on occasion!
I really liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It’s a series and to be honest, I was all wiped out of YA series. They were getting repetitive but this one is different. It very well-written and has a lot of interesting characters. I highly recommend it.
Take all those and promise to not quit them until 40 and you’ve got me.
I promise to never quit any of these things, not even when I’m 80.
Good deal. If I make it to 80, I will still be playing video games (when I get off work at WalMart). They take bitter old men right?
Amen to leftover pizza and noodles! *high fives
I love leftovers in general. Leftover pizza and noodles are the best.
Woo hoo! *starts mimicking what a day in pajamas looks like* Yep….that’s what I’m on today LOL!
I so need a day where I don’t take my pajamas off. Those are my favorite days.
I hate that there are so many articles that tell us to stop doing whatever after whatever age. All of these sound equally brilliant aged 30 as any other age!
I don’t know what possesses people to write an entire article telling others what they can’t do when they hit a certain age. So dumb!