Happy Halloween! I love Halloween. Besides Christmas, it’s my favorite holiday. You get to dress up in fun costumes. Watch scary movies. Eat as much candy as you want. What’s not to love about Halloween?
It’s also during the best time of the year. Halloween is in October when Fall really starts to make it’s grand entrance.
But the best part of Halloween is all the spookiness. The scary movies and the haunted attractions are my favorite. Halloween can be a pretty scary holiday. However, as scary as Halloween can be, there are things in life far scarier. Basically adulting and life in general is worse than any Freddy movie ever made. Below are just a few of the many things scarier than Halloween can ever be:
- Hearing the words, “We need to talk.”
- Paying bills.
- Any strange sound coming from your car. This usually means an unexpected trip to the mechanic which is always costly.
- Stepping on the scale.
- Making a doctor’s appointment.
- Going to the doctor.
- Waiting for the doctor to get back to you with test results.
- Seeing the cop car behind you turn on their flashing lights.
- Visiting the Instagram page of someone you should not be stalking and accidentally liking a pic from three years ago.
- Seeing a bug in the shower when you’re naked, half-blind cause you have no glasses, and basically defenseless.
- Thinking you’ve killed a bug and then have it drop somewhere after removing the paper towel.
- Getting a phone call in the middle of the night from a family member. (Grandma doesn’t drunk dial.)
- Anytime you have to set your alarm clock earlier than 7am.
- When you go shopping for only healthy food cause you’re feeling motivated but later that day all you want is junk food and your fridge is filled with only green shit.
- The first of the month when rent is due.
- Student loans.
- Running into someone from high school at the supermarket.
- The supermarket the day before a holiday.
- The mall during the entire month of December.
- Running out of wine.
*What are some things you find much scarier than Halloween?
Oofta. Yes, yes, and a big fat yes to all of the above. I would also add “first dates” because, well, first dates. Getting home after a stressful day only to realize you have absolutely no chocolate in the house and emails from your boss on a Saturday morning are all others I’d add to this terrifyingly perfect list.
OMG great additions. All of those things are definitely scarier than any horror movie.