So it seems that every other day I read some new article addressing all the things I need to give up now that I’m in my late twenties and “soooo old!” According to this lady, last year when I turned 27, I should have given up all forms of fun ever.
That linked article is a bit ridiculous but there are some valid things I could never imagine doing again at my age. True story: When I was about 19, my friend and I stayed up all night in the city. Then we went to Six Flags all day without any sleep. You couldn’t pay me to do that again. That’s torture. If you want to know all my darkest secrets, just threaten me with a full day of Six Flags without any sleep. I’d give up my entire family to avoid that.
But there are a lot of things I never want to give up. Ever! I wanna be that 80-year-old going to the midnight screening of the latest superhero movie. I’ll be damned if some article is going to tell me I’m too old for that. Here are some things that I hope I’m never too old for.
1. Watching cartoons. And not just because some child I’m with is forcing me to.
2. Dancing and singing like a maniac whenever Nsync comes on the radio.
3. Playing in the snow. The snow can get annoying as you get older. (Why must I have crappy tires that cause my car to get stuck every single snowstorm?) But snow can also be a lot of fun and I hope I never forget that.
4. Running out of my house with cash in hand when I hear the ice cream truck outside.
5. Disney movies.
6. Playing with legos or Barbies. Those are the two toys we never grow out of.
7. Midnight screenings of my favorite movies.
8. Reading children’s and young adult books.
9. Always eating a giant slice of cake or huge cupcake for my birthday. Complete with icing and sprinkles.
10. Sleepovers. Yep, I still have sleepovers with my best friends!
11. Wearing whatever the hell I want. Between work and the 500 different weddings/showers I’m always going to, it seems like I am constantly adhering to some sort of dress code. When I don’t have to, I will be wearing whatever I want and I’ll be damned if someone is going to tell me I’m “too old” to be wearing that.
12. Dressing up for Halloween and enjoying an unnatural amount of candy.
13. Starting a new adventure. Whether it be learning a new language, moving to a new place, or starting a new job, I hope I never use my age as the main factor for not doing something.
14. Sleeping as late as I want when I have nothing planned for the day.
15. And lastly, I hope I am never so old that I’ll listen to some article telling me what I can and cannot do at my age!
So, what are some things you never want to be too old for?