Full disclosure, I was VERY close to naming this post “What the Fuck is Wrong with Some People?” but I backed out at the last minute. I should have went with the Fuck because that’s the exact question I ask when I come across the people I’m going to complain about below.
I’m one of those rare breeds that still believes humans are generally good. Sure there’s a lot of evil in this world and every time I read the comments on any online article, I second guess myself, but ultimately I think people are good. Maybe I’m naive but I just think that the good people overpower the evil. We just hear about the evil a whole lot better.
With that being said, you all know my blog is not known for its cutesy, feel good posts. So I’m not here to praise the good people in the world. I’m here to bitch about the horrible idiots roaming this world, making life incredibly annoying for the rest of us. There are just way too many times during the day that I find myself mentally shouting “What the fuck is wrong with you?” (I’d never actually do this out loud because I am a baby who avoids confrontation at all costs.) The majority of these “What the fuck is wrong with you?” mental shouts happen while I’m in my car. What is it about cars that really bring out the asshole in humans?
Here are just a few of the many things that make me want to scream “What the FUCK is wrong with you?”
- When I hold the door for someone and they walk right through without even acknowledging it. My three-year-old nephew understands the concept of thank you, so should your grown ass!
- People who do not understand how blinkers work. I am not a friggen mind reader. It takes two seconds to let someone know you’re turning right!
- Those people who try to get on a train before everyone else has gotten off. This is common train etiquette people! You wait your turn. You do not try to shove your ass on the train before everyone else has gotten off!
- People who listen to their music really loud on the train. Why does the person who feels the need to listen to Beyonce at the highest volume always sit next to me? I don’t want to hear your music. The train doesn’t want to hear your music. Nobody wants to hear your music. And, not to get all old lady on your ass, but lower your music before you do serious damage to your ear drums!
- Loud gum chewers! Now I must admit that I can sometimes be a loud gum chewer. (What the fuck is wrong with me?!) But I recognize how annoying it is. Chewing gum is fine and completely socially acceptable. If you had some tuna fish for lunch, please pop some minty fresh Trident gum in your mouth. However, keep your mouth shut while chewing!
- When I am walking down the street and the person in front of me stops for absolutely no reason. Unless a shirtless Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are coming towards you, there is no reason whatsoever to stop in the middle of walking. (When the topless Chrises are involved, normal human behavior is out the window.) If you need to stop, move to the side or don’t get mad at me when I “accidentally” step on the back of your foot.
- People who never eat carbs or dessert or greasy food, ever. Now, I know some of you may be thinking that this is more of a personal preference than normal manners that everyone should possess. However, I disagree. I’m all for being fit and healthy, but I think that there is seriously something wrong with a person who has gone 13+ years without eating a single french fry.
- Litterbugs! Hate is a very strong word but I’ll say it, I hate people who litter. Garbage cans were invented for a reason people. And if you’re not near a garbage can at the moment, you hold on to your shit until you come across one.