Money Can’t Buy Happiness. A while ago on this blog I made some comments about my least favorite sayings. I completely dropped the ball on that post. I did not include my least favorite saying of all time: Money Can’t Buy Happiness. What a load of crock that is!
Before you start with the whole “even the richest person could be depressed” nonsense, I’m going to stop you. I get what the saying is supposed to mean. Love and family and inner peace…all that crap is what truly makes a life rich. Rich people have problems too. But here’s the thing, I’d rather take rich people problems than poor people problems any day of the week.
Money really can’t buy happiness? I dunno, having health insurance and a roof over your head and a warm bed to sleep in will make people happy. You know what all those things cost? Money!
Call me materialistic all you want, but here are just a few things that would make me oh so happy. If only I had the money to afford them.
1. Putting guacamole on my burrito bowl wouldn’t even be a question.
2. My fries would ALWAYS come with cheese on them.
3. I’d never have to wait in traffic to take the bridge. I can slide on over to the fast lane to the tunnel cause who cares about tolls?
4. There’d never be a scramble to find an ATM to take out money when I need cash. I’ll just use my credit card and pay that extra $0.10 a gallon.
5. Speaking of ATMs, I would be able to go to any one I want. No need to worry about paying that $3.00 service fee.
6. Having to wait a week for the sale to start before I can buy ice cream would be a thing of the past.
7. I could order all the take-out I want, all the time, and never have to cry about my life savings going to pizza.
8. Speaking of pizza: Unlimited Toppings!!!
9. Getting dessert after every meal would always happen.
10. And I realize that the majority of these have to do with food but here’s another thing I could get if money wasn’t an option: a personal trainer.